This is a place for ASIST trainers in Chatham County, Georgia, looking for ASIST workshop support, tools, and resources.
Follow these simple ten steps to make the most of your ASIST Workshop:
**Before Your Workshop**
#1 Confirm the date, location, and onsite contact for your workshop:
- Contact Vira Salzburn at firstname.lastname@example.org for your confirmation.
#2 Review LivingWorks resources:
- The ASIST Organizer’s Guide has helpful workshop prep information.
- The Shared Work Group Guide provides instructions to trainers on how to share workshop tasks.
#3 Get the most recent workshop tools & resources:
- Download the most current Iceberg Slide to include in your ASIST Power Point and Georgia Statistics Slide.
- Review the Helpers in Your Community handout and Safety Net Resource Brochure for distribution during Day One (printed copies will be provided).
- Retrieve and utilize ASIST 11.1 Update.
#4 Learn about CEUs:
- Read the message for ASIST trainers about CEUs and the CE directions for ASIST participants (printed copies will be provided).
#5 Pick up workshop materials:
- 2-3 days prior to the workshop, contact Vira Salzburn at 912-661-0577 or ASIST@chlink.org to schedule a time to pick up your materials from the Safety Net office (400 Mall Blvd, Suite G).
- Review the ASIST Workshop Materials Checklist.
#6 Set up & test your equipment:
- The day before your workshop, set up the room and test AV equipment (Safety Net projector is available for use).
**During Your Workshop**
#7 Facilitate comfortably:
- Catering: Lunch has been confirmed by Prevent Suicide Today team and will be provided by Union Mission. Vegetarian options are available. Catering contact: Josua Rine (912-996-1000).
- Snacks: Workshop snacks and drink will be provided along with your workshop materials.
Please return leftover snacks to the Safety Net office to be used for future workshops.
- Coffee: We will provide you with an electric kettle and instant coffee, hot chocolate, tea, etc. Please set up the kettle in a convenient area both mornings for participant use.
#8 Call for help:
- Contact Vira Salzburn (call 912-661-0577 or text 334-328-1079) for any issues that arise during the workshop. You can also reach out to your onsite contact (included in your calendar invite).
**After Your Workshop**
#9 Share Participant Feedback forms:
- Scan and email completed workshop sign-in sheet and copies of Participant Feedback forms to ASIST@chlink.org for program tracking and evaluation purposes.
#10 Submit Trainer Report:
- Review LivingWorks Workshop Report Instructions.
- Complete and submit Workshop Report along with Participant Feedback forms to Living Works.
Please contact LivingWorks with any questions regarding report submission. Remember, this is how LivingWorks tracks your ASIST Trainer progress and credits.
Thank you for all of your hard work towards creating suicide safer Chatham County!