Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) is a two-day interactive workshop in suicide first aid. ASIST teaches participants to recognize when someone may have thoughts of suicide and work with them to create a plan that will support their immediate safety. CEUs available.
Cost: $125. Need-based scholarships are available.
Register now for a workshop in Savannah, GA:
- Thur-Fri, April 4-5, 2019 Memorial Health University Medical Center – REGISTRATION CLOSED / WORKSHOP FULL
- Tue-Wed, May 7-8, 2019 at Demere Center, Hospice Savannah
- Mon-Tues, June 24-25, 2019 at Savannah Fire & Emergency Services
- Fri-Sat, July 12-13, 2019 at St. Joseph’s Hospital
- Tue-Wed, August 13-14, 2019 at Demere Center, Hospice Savannah
- Tue-Wed, November 5-6, 2019 at Demere Center, Hospice Savannah
Register now for a FREE workshops in Statesboro, GA:
- Thur-Fri, April 11-12, 2019 at Georgia Southern University (Statesboro Campus) – THIS WORKSHOP IS FULL! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to a waitlist if a spot becomes available.
- Thur-Fri, May 2-3, 2019 at Georgia Georgia Southern University (Statesboro Campus) – THIS WORKSHOP IS FULL! Please email email@example.com to be added to a waitlist if a spot becomes available.
Frequently Asked Questions:
You will explore the way your own beliefs and experiences affect your ability to help someone else. You will learn to recognize suicidal thoughts and behaviors and to respond with a life-saving intervention. You will learn how to create a safety plan with the person at risk to keep them safe for now, and how to connect them with other resources to keep them safe in the future. Role play activities will allow you to practice the steps of this intervention.
Anyone 16 or older who interacts with suicidal individuals can benefit from this workshop. Although ASIST is widely used by healthcare providers, participants don’t need any formal training to attend. The suicide first aid skills can be applied in almost any personal or professional setting. Community members from all walks of like can serve their communities by learning the skills to save a life.
The Chatham County ASIST team consists of 21 LivingWorks registered trainers committed to reducing suicide in our community. Each workshop is led by at least two trainers. The trainers come from various partner organizations and represent many sectors of the diverse Chatham County community.
The two-day course costs $125. Our true cost to provide this workshop locally is over $250, but we are able to offer workshops at a reduced price thanks to the support of the Chatham County Commission and other community partners.
Yes. Participants who attend both full days of training receive a completion certificate upon completion of the workshop.
Participants who have completed an ASIST workshop are eligible to complete an online exam to obtain CEU credits. Fees for ASIST are $60 for 12 credit hours. This credit is available for social workers, nurses, psychologists, licensed counselors, substance abuse counselors, and licensed marriage & family therapists. Visit Living Works for more information. If you have other questions, please contact Monica Kintigh.
Please email ASIST@chlink.org or call 912-661-1456 with any additional questions.
If you are having thoughts of suicide or need immediate assistance, please call the Georgia Crisis and Access Line at 1-800-715-4225.