- Practice Guidelines, research, and evidence-based practices for military counseling competence offered in a 85+ page training manual.
- Over 6 hours of recorded instructor videotape presentations with PowerPoint slides.
- Over 3+ hours of recorded videotape interviews with subject matter experts.
- A 75-item multiple choice certificate exam (can be taken until 70% of questions are answered correctly).
- Online training is self-paced and participants have up to 3 months to complete.
- 12 clock hours of continuing education credit earned across multiple disciplines.
- An official CMCC “Certificate of Completion” (printed from your computer at the completion of the course).
This Gatekeeper course is taught in a clear, concise format using the latest in educational technology and practices. The course takes approximately one hour to complete.
Key components covered in training:
- How to Question, Persuade and Refer someone who may be suicidal
- How to get help for yourself or learn more about preventing suicide
- The common causes of suicidal behavior
- The warning signs of suicide
- How to get help for someone in crisis
See Advanced Training and Training for Professionals with Continuing Education Credits (CEUs) HERE
LivingWorks Start teaches life-saving suicide prevention skills in as little as one hour online. Dynamic, interactive content provides a high-impact learning experience.
This 1-credit-hour training module examines how suicide affects the LGBTQ community. The school environment can have an enormous impact on a young person’s life. It is vitally important to ensure that school make all students feel welcome and safe. LGBTQ students are more likely to have suicidal thoughts and suicide attempts than their heterosexual peers. The training module and research are presented by Dr. Scott Poland and Richard Lieberman, noted experts in the suicide prevention field.
This 1-credit-hour training module discusses creating an action plan for the aftermath of a suicide. There are many actions that school should avoid in the wake of a student suicide. The presenters examine the scope and magnitude of people that are affected by a suicide. The training module and research are presented by Dr. Scott Poland and Richard Lieberman, noted experts in the suicide prevention field.
The Center for Mindful Self-Compassion offers Live Online MSC (LOMSC). LOMSC has the same content as MSC programs offered in a classroom and is taught live by a certified MSC teacher over 10 weeks. LOMSC is ideal for those people who do not have access to MSC in their area, who have commitments or mobility issues that make it difficult to leave home to do a course, or who have already done MSC and would like a refresher.
This online MBSR training course is 100% free, created by a fully certified MBSR instructor, and is based on the program founded by Jon Kabat-Zinn at the University of Massachusetts Medical School.