Edel Caregiver Institute (Hospice Savannah Caregiver Support)
Information and Guidelines
- Georgia Department of Public Health/Coastal Health District – Georgia COVID-19 Information & Hotline.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention: Coronavirus (COVID-19) – National guidelines for Coronavirus prevention and care.
- Coronavirus Tax Relief – The IRS has established a special section focused on steps to help taxpayers, businesses and others affected by the coronavirus.
- U.S. Department of Treasury: Coronavirus: Resources, Updates, and What You Should Know – Information and resources for supporting American workers and businesses who are impacted by the coronavirus.
National Mental Health Resources
- National Institute of Mental Health – Coronavirus Disease 2019 news, updates and resources.
- Suicide Prevention Resource Center -Resources to support mental health and coping with the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Managing Anxiety and Stress – This web page contains basic guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on managing mental health stressors during COVID-19.
- Taking Care of Your Behavioral Health: Tips for Social Distancing, Quarantine, and Isolation during an Infectious Disease Outbreak – This tip sheet from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) provides information on typical reactions to social distancing, quarantine, and isolation, and ways to take care of oneself. The sheet also provides a list of hotlines and other resources for obtaining help.
- Mental Health Considerations during COVID-19 Outbreak – This information sheet from the World Health Organization (WHO) contains suggestions for coping with COVID-19 for the general population and specific groups including health care workers, caretakers of children and older adults, and people living in isolation.
- Taking Care of Your Mental Health in the Face of Uncertainty – This blog post from the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP) provides five suggestions for coping with the uncertainty due to COVID-19.
- Coronavirus Anxiety: Helpful Expert Tips and Resources – This web page, updated daily by the Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA), contains links to a wide variety of resources for coping with general anxiety and some specific anxiety disorders during COVID-19, including articles, information sheets, blog posts, and videos.
Mindfulness and Self-Compassion Resources for Emotional Wellbeing
- Mindful Self-Compassion in the Media – Chatham-Savannah media releases about coping with fear and anxiety in the time of COVID-19
- Self-Compassion Check-ins – Video-based brief practices for coping with difficult emotions during COVID-19
- 10 Self-Compassion Practices for COVID-19 – Practices from the Mindful Self-Compassion program developed by Chris Germer and Kristin neff. All these practices can be found in The Mindful Self-Compassion Workbook.
- Pandemic Care Resources – Mediation Teacher, Tara Brach, offers a care package that includes talks and guided meditations to support you through these difficult times.
Chatham County Safety Net Planning Council’s (CCSNPC) committed to making its programs, information, and technology accessible in accordance with Sections 504 and 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. CCSNPC provides various auxiliary aids and services, including alternate formats and relay services, at no cost to better communicate with people with disabilities.
To request an auxiliary aid or service, you can:
Send a fax to 912-349-5691.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send a letter to:
Chatham County Safety Net Planning Council
400 Mall Boulevard, Suite G
Savannah, GA 31406
Attn: CCSNPC Alternate Format
Your request for CCSNPC publications should include:
Your name, phone number, and the mailing address where we should send the publications. The publication title and CCSNPC Publication, if available. The format you need, like Braille, large print, compact disc (CD), audio CD, or a qualified reader.