Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) program includes MSC90 and MSC8W workshops:
MSC90 is a 90-minute evidence-informed training in mindful self-compassion. Locally adapted by Prevent Suicide Today, this is an introductory version of the 8-week MSC program. MSC90 focuses on building awareness and teaching basic skills in self-compassion.
MSC90 encourages participants to:
- Gain an understanding of mindful self-compassion
- Explore the benefits of self-compassion
- Identify ways to implement self-compassion into daily life
- Recognize community resources for mindful self-compassion
Download and share MSC90 flyer!
MSC8W is an empirically-supported 8-week course designed to cultivate the skills of self-compassion. It combines the skills of mindfulness and self-compassion to enhance our capacity for emotional well being. This course was developed through the clinical expertise of Dr. Chris Germer and Dr. Kristin Neff. MSC8W will be available at Chatham County to the general public in January 2020.
In MSC 8-week course you’ll learn to:
- Practice mindfulness and self-compassion in daily life
- Understand the science of self-compassion
- Use self-compassion to live in accord with your values
- Handle difficult emotions with greater ease
- Motivate yourself with kindness rather than criticism
- Work with challenging relationships
- Manage caregiver fatigue
- Practice the art of savoring and self-appreciation
- Teach simple self-compassion skills to others
Training fees may apply for organizations outside Chatham County. For additional information, please contact Vira Salzburn at email@example.com or (912) 661-0677.
Explore and share the resources:
- For Valentine’s Day, Try Being Nice to Yourself, The New York Times
- The Transformative Effects of Mindful Self-Compassion, mindful.org
If you are having thoughts of suicide or need immediate assistance, please call the Georgia Crisis and Access Line at 1-800-715-4225