Open Enrollment is from November 1 – December 15, 2017
Log on to www.healthcare.gov to learn about health plans, financial help and ENROLL.
On-line Chat is available 24/7. Spanish Speaking and other language help is available.
Local enrollment assistance available through the Affordable Care Act Certified Navigator teams at Curtis V. Cooper Primary Health Care, Inc. at (912) 527-1000 and J.C. Lewis Primary Health Care Center (912) 721-6726.
Click here for Facts & Features of the Affordable Care Act and updates made for 2018.
J.C. Lewis Primary Health Care Certified Navigator Team
Call (912) 721-6726
Curtis V Cooper Primary Health Care Certified Navigator Team
What documents do you need to enroll?
For every member of your household who needs insurance coverage, you must have:
- Social Security Card for the entire family
- Birth Certificate or Legal Immigrant #
- Government issued ID (US or Foreign passport, driver’s license, consular identification)
- Proof of income
Special Enrollment Period AFTER December 15, 2017
Life events that may qualify you for a Special Enrollment Period
- Getting married
- Having a baby
- Adopting a child or placing a child for adoption or foster care
- Losing other health coverage
Examples of losing coverage
- Losing job-based coverage for any reason, including resigning, getting laid off, or getting fired
- Losing coverage through a divorce
- COBRA coverage ending (but not canceling it yourself before it expires)
- Aging off a parent’s plan when you turn 26
- Losing eligibility for Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
Note: Losing coverage that doesn’t qualify as minimum essential coverage doesn’t qualify you for a Special Enrollment Period.
- Permanently moving outside your plan’s coverage area
- Gaining citizenship or lawful presence in the U.S.
- Leaving incarceration
- For people already enrolled in Marketplace coverage: Having a change in income or household status that affects eligibility for premium tax credits or cost-sharing reductions
If you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period, you can apply online or by phone.
Where do you go for LOCAL Chatham County assistance?
For In-Person Enrollment Assistance, call for an appointment.