Health care can be a difficult puzzle. We work as one to put the pieces
together for Chatham County and for you.

Affordable Care Act

Share on FacebookEmail this to someone

Marketplace Open Enrollment is now over but certain life events may qualify for the Special Enrollment Period.

You can enroll after January 31, 2017 only if you have a life event that qualifies you for a Special Enrollment Period.

Local enrollment assistance available through the ACA Navigator teams at JC Lewis Primary Health Care Center, 912.495.8887 and Curtis V Cooper Primary Health Care Inc., 912.527.1142 & 912.527.2729.

Click here for Facts & Features of the Affordable Care Act and updates made for 2017.

J.C. Lewis Primary Health Care Navigator Team
Call 912.495.8887

Quonica Slay



Kirk Scott



Frank Van Ellison



France Turner



Curtis V Cooper Primary Health Care Navigator Team
912.527.1142 & 912.527.2729

Yaritza Figueroa



 Yusef Smith



Erika Riley



Life events that may qualify you for a Special Enrollment Period

  • Getting married
  • Having a baby
  • Adopting a child or placing a child for adoption or foster care
  • Losing other health coverage

Examples of losing coverage

  • Losing job-based coverage for any reason, including resigning, getting laid off, or getting fired
  • Losing coverage through a divorce
  • COBRA coverage ending (but not canceling it yourself before it expires)
  • Aging off a parent’s plan when you turn 26
  • Losing eligibility for Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)

Note: Losing coverage that doesn’t qualify as minimum essential coverage doesn’t qualify you for a Special Enrollment Period.

  • Permanently moving outside your plan’s coverage area
  • Gaining citizenship or lawful presence in the U.S.
  • Leaving incarceration
  • For people already enrolled in Marketplace coverage: Having a change in income or household status that affects eligibility for premium tax credits or cost-sharing reductions

If you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period, you can apply online or by phone.

Log on to to learn about health plans, financial help and ENROLL.

On-line Chat is available 24/7.  Spanish Speaking and other language help is available.

Where do you go for LOCAL Chatham County assistance?

For Information and referrals, Call 912-651-7730 at United Way.

For In-Person Enrollment Assistance, call for an appointment.

What documents do you need to enroll?

For every member of your household who needs insurance coverage, you must have:

  • Social Security Card for the entire family
  • Birth Certificate or Legal Immigrant #
  • Government issued ID (US or Foreign passport, driver’s license, consular identification)
  • Proof of income