MedBank helps eligible patients access large pharmaceutical company Patient Assistance Programs to obtain free medications. Referrals are accepted from physicians, hospitals and social service agencies by fax or mail. MedBank also operates on site services at several area clinics.
MedBank staff and volunteers assist each patient in completing an application for each individual prescription. After applications are signed by the patient and physician, MedBank submits all forms to the appropriate pharmaceutical companies.
Each company will send the select medications to the physician’s office, where the patient may pick them up in as little as 10 days. Although MedBank does not provide emergency services, patients released from area hospitals and new patients may qualify for a 30-day supply or until the first shipment of medications arrives for them.
Prescription Assistance Eligibility:
- Patient must be a resident of a participating county in Southeastern and Central Georgia.
- Patient must be diagnosed with a chronic illness (MedBank can apply for neither antibiotics nor narcotics).
- Patient must have NO prescription drug coverage or public entitlement.
- Patient and household members must provide required proof of income
- Patient must meet select company income criteria.
Please call for hours and availability at your selected location.
836 East 65th Street
Savannah, GA 31405
Mon & Wed 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Tues & Thurs CLOSED
Friday 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
J.C. Lewis Primary Health Care Center
125 Fahm Street
Savannah, GA 31401
St. Mary’s Health Center
1302 Drayton Street
Savannah, GA 31401
St. Luke’s Episcopal
155 Goshen Road
Rincon, GA 31326
Medbank at United Way Building Richmond Hill
9611 Ford Avenue
Richmond Hill, GA 31324
Liberty County United Way
Brantley Building, Suite A
Hinesville, GA 31313
The Hearts and Hands Clinic
127 North College Street
Statesboro, Georgia 30458