Chatham County Safety Net Planning Council
The Chatham County Safety Net Planning Council is seeking a dynamic, self-directed, highly motivated individual to provide leadership to a diverse group of stakeholders in assuring access to high quality health care for uninsured and underinsured people in Chatham County and Savannah, Georgia.
- The Executive Director is responsible to provide leadership to a diverse group of stakeholders represented by the Planning Council in assuring access to high quality health care for uninsured and underinsured people in Chatham County.
- The Executive Director works with the Planning Council members and community leaders to develop successful approaches to address access and gaps in healthcare services and drive effective and smooth change initiatives by communicating and actively working with member partners.
- The Executive Director will provide oversight to budgets and projects and facilitates the efforts to meet short and long term Planning Council goals.
- The Executive Director also serves as the liaison of the Planning Council partnership to the county Manager and County Commission.
Completion of a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years’ experience in program planning or management, public administration/management, or health care administration/management is required. Completion of a Master’s degree or equivalent in the health related field, public health or public administration is preferred. The successful candidate must have experience in strategic planning, implementation, and evaluation, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills and familiarity with grant making. The candidate must have the ability to oversee and manage a small non-profit including programs & staffing, budget/expense management, auditing process, infrastructure support, and proven strength in relationship building and collaborative partnerships. The preferred candidate will also have knowledge of the health IT environment, and familiarity/experience with Health Information Exchanges and/or electronic medical records.
Interested parties should submit a resume by March 15, 2019 to:
Chatham County Safety Net Planning Council, Inc.
Attn: Jennifer Wright, Search Committee Chair
4700 Waters Ave Savannah, Georgia 31406
It’s time to re-choose a Health Plan for you and your family!
How can you choose a Health Plan?
In Georgia Families®, you will get all the health services that you get now as a member of Medicaid or PeachCare for Kids® — plus more. While each plan offers the same basic health services, they also offer different “extra services” or benefits; such as programs to help you manage your asthma, diabetes, or weight! Take a look at the chart on the other side of this brochure to compare each plan and choose the one you like best!
Do you want to keep seeing your current doctor? Is there a hospital or clinic where you often go for care? Are there specialists, counselors, or special services that you want to keep using? Find out which Health Plans they accept. Visit www.georgia-families.com, or call the providers or 1-888-GA-Enroll (1-888-423-6765). TDD: 1-877-889-4424.
What are the basic health services you will get?
- 24 Hour Nurse Help line
- Telemedicine services
- Flu shot
- Member outreach services in the community
- Telephonic translation services
- Case management services
- Smoking Cessation program
- Dental benefits for children and pregnant women
- Vision benefits for children and pregnant women
- Member friendly website with easy access to request new ID cards, view doctors and much more
- Oral exam every six months for members 21 and older with no copay
- Teeth cleaning every six months for members 21 and older with no copay
- Simple tooth removal for members 21 and older with no copay
- No referrals needed for primary dental services
- Free Bitewing X-Rays once a year for members 21 and older with no copay.
Behavioral Health Services:
- Case manager who works with you to tailor behavioral and medical services to your individual needs
- Case management support after a behavioral health discharge
- 24 Hour Nurse Crisis Support for Substance Abuse
- Free eye exam once per year for members age 21 and over with no copay
- Each plan offers assistance with glasses (see plan website for more details).